Sensex

Monday, November 30, 2009

[Technical-Investor] TA 101 - Where do I start?

 

Hello members,

I subscribed to this group sometime back and was not actively following it. I started following it a month back (That was the idea, of course). I had zero knowledge of Technical Analysis when I started reading the mails in this group. Now I at least know what it means when I come across MCAD, Candle Sticks, Moving Averages etc. All the understanding is just to float in the sea of mails this group generates.

I've thought of starting to formally "read" and "learn" stuff about Technical Analysis from Jan 1 (Yes. I have this habit of taking new year resolutions). In the month of December, I want to get prepared for it.  Things like,

a) What do I read first (TA section in investopedia.com ?)

b) I've seen people talking about "sticking to one's own set of rules for trading", "MCAD can not be sole source of a trade" etc. What do I need to learn first? CandleSticks? Elliott? Bollinger Bands? Moving Averages? Putting things like Bollinger Bands, Moving Averages in the same bucket of things might be Naive, but I don't know how different they are at this point. But I have to start is all I know.

c) Do I need to buy any books from Market? Or are there e-books available in the net? If so what is the first book I need to buy/download?

d) Do I need to have a software to apply and learn? Is it required just for a learner like me? If so, which ones


I'm really sorry if I'm asking too many questions in the first mail. I always believe in doing homeworks before asking questions. With the help of the mails in this group and googling every time I hit a new term, I understand bits and pieces. I also learnt (in the process) that investopedia has a good set of articles about TA. Now, I'm seeking seasoned people on direction. Hope I'll be given right pointers to move forward.

Thank you all in advance,

--Kishore


__._,_.___
For Forum Rules of Conduct & Disclaimer, please go through

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Technical-Investor/files/!Forum Rules of Conduct.txt
.

__,_._,___

No comments: